Answers to your common questions
STEPS TO BECOMING A RESIDENT WITH PALM PROPERTY MANAGEMENT:
- Apply online and pay the non-refundable application fee at: http://www.palmpropertymgt.com/savannah-homes-for-rent
- Select the property you are interested in & then on the next page select “Apply Online”
- Everyone over 18 years old MUST apply, no exceptions.
- Co-signers may be requested or required. If so, the cosigner must be over 21 years old and an immediate family or a current employer. The co-signer's credit will be in place of the applicant, so they must have good credit, and they will be required to electronically sign the lease (after approvals have been completed).
- A welcome email will be received within 24 business after-hours
- Be on the lookout for request for more information, an approval, an approval with conditions and/or a denial email should be received within 48-72 business hours.
- You should get an application decision in 3 business days or sooner!
- After your application is submitted, we will start the screening process immediately to speed up the timeline (even if the application requires additional documentation).
- For Approved Applicants (In the following order):
- Applicant(s) accepts the approval in writing within 48 hours of receiving approval email
- Confirm Move In Date and schedule an appointment for reserving the unit.
- Reserve property with a reservation fee (the reservation fee applies to the security deposit at move in
- Get documentation from Palm Property Management to set up utilities as required before move in
- Electronically sign lease by ALL financially responsible
- Pay all remaining security deposit, rents and fees
- Get your key to your new place!
Rent is due on the 1st of every month and late after the 5th. On the morning of the 6th there will be a 10% late fee assessed to your rent. For your convenience, we offer rent payments online as well as a drop box at our office for after-hours payments. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH. Tenants can make payments in a few different ways.
- Payment can be completed online! Simply log into your Tenant Portal, select Make Payment, and enter the necessary information. There is no service charge for online payments unless you use a credit card.
- Payment may also be mailed to:
- Payment can be brought into the office at the address on our home page during business hours. We are open Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
All maintenance issues are different, we ask that you use your best judgment in assessing whether the situation is an emergency or not. Below is a list of some of the general issues that may constitute an emergency.
- Personal Injury: Contact 911 immediately.
- Fire: Contact 911 immediately. Then notify The Charleston Property Company.
- Flood: If there is flooding in your home, please call our office immediately.
- Heat: If the heat in your home is not working, please call our office.
- Water: If the water in your home is not working at all, please call your local water provider, and then contact our office immediately. If the hot water in your home is not working, please contact our office only if it cannot wait until the next business day.
- Plugged Toilet: This is only considered an emergency if the plugged toilet is the only toilet in your home. Please try to use a plunger before contacting our office.
Paying rent on time is your primary responsibility. We have provided you a list in your lease of your tenant responsibilities.