Tenant FAQs

Answers to your common questions


  1. Apply online and pay the non-refundable application fee at: http://www.palmpropertymgt.com/savannah-homes-for-rent
    • Select the property you are interested in & then on the next page select “Apply Online”
    • Everyone over 18 years old MUST apply, no exceptions.
    • Co-signers may be requested or required. If so, the cosigner must be over 21 years old and an immediate family or a current employer. The co-signer's credit will be in place of the applicant, so they must have good credit, and they will be required to electronically sign the lease (after approvals have been completed).
  2. A welcome email will be received within 24 business after-hours
    • Be on the lookout for request for more information, an approval, an approval with conditions and/or a denial email should be received within 48-72 business hours.
    • You should get an application decision in 3 business days or sooner!
    • After your application is submitted, we will start the screening process immediately to speed up the timeline (even if the application requires additional documentation).
  3. For Approved Applicants (In the following order):
    • Applicant(s) accepts the approval in writing within 48 hours of receiving approval email
    • Confirm Move In Date and schedule an appointment for reserving the unit.
    • Reserve property with a reservation fee (the reservation fee applies to the security deposit at move in
    • Get documentation from Palm Property Management to set up utilities as required before move in
    • Electronically sign lease by ALL financially responsible
    • Pay all remaining security deposit, rents and fees
    • Get your key to your new place!

Can I paint the walls in my apartment a different color?
Making any changes to the unit without permission is strictly prohibited in your rental agreement and may be grounds for eviction. Please obtain prior written approval from Palm Property Management before making any changes to the property.

Can we bring our own washer, dryer, refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher?
This is handled as a case by case situation depending on the property. 

Can we end the lease early and if so how do we terminate properly?
If you decide to move out prior to the end of the lease term then you will be required to give us 60 days written notice, pay rent through that 60 day notice period, and leave the property in a clean and “rent ready” condition. There may be an early termination fee that will apply. 

Do you spray for bugs or is this my responsibility?
Pest control is the tenant's responsibility.

How do I get other repairs on my home completed?
Fill out a repair request available on your online tenant portal under "request maintenance". Please provide detailed information and photos if possible. This will ensure that your maintenance request is completed in a timely manner.

How do I have utilities changed to my name?
Utilities are often taken care of by the tenant, if the utilities are inclusive of the rental price then we will make that known. Use our links provided under tenant resources.

How do I pay my rent and when?

Rent is due on the 1st of every month and late after the 5th. On the morning of the 6th there will be a 10% late fee assessed to your rent. For your convenience, we offer rent payments online as well as a drop box at our office for after-hours payments. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH. Tenants can make payments in a few different ways.

  1. Payment can be completed online! Simply log into your Tenant Portal, select Make Payment, and enter the necessary information. There is no service charge for online payments unless you use a credit card.
  2. Payment may also be mailed to:
  3. Payment can be brought into the office at the address on our home page during business hours. We are open Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.

I have a maintenance issue, how do I know if it is an emergency?

All maintenance issues are different, we ask that you use your best judgment in assessing whether the situation is an emergency or not. Below is a list of some of the general issues that may constitute an emergency.

  1. Personal Injury: Contact 911 immediately.
  2. Fire: Contact 911 immediately. Then notify The Charleston Property Company.
  3. Flood: If there is flooding in your home, please call our office immediately.
  4. Heat: If the heat in your home is not working, please call our office.
  5. Water: If the water in your home is not working at all, please call your local water provider, and then contact our office immediately. If the hot water in your home is not working, please contact our office only if it cannot wait until the next business day.
  6. Plugged Toilet: This is only considered an emergency if the plugged toilet is the only toilet in your home. Please try to use a plunger before contacting our office.

I want to get a pet. What do I do?
We have a process for getting approval on ALL animals. To be approved you, will need to complete the pet screening at: https://palmpropertymgt.petscreening.com/ , and fill out the screening form for each animal. There is a small fee for processing this through our pet-screening vendor. Please be aware that there are breed restrictions, for more details please contact our office. Once you submit the screening, then the results will be provided to our company with their determination. A non-refundable pet fee and a lease addendum will be required after approval, prior the animal(s) being added to your home.

I want to install a satellite dish, what should I do?
Most properties are prohibited from installing satellite dishes on the building. Please call our office for information regarding your property. DO NOT INSTALL A DISH WITHOUT PERMISSION. We will have a form you must fill out for this request.

My lease is ending soon. What are the next steps?
Prior to your lease ending, we will contact you regarding a possible lease renewal. If you choose to move out at the end of your lease, please first review your lease terms which are found in your online portal. If you have additional questions, please submit them in an email to the office.

What are my responsibilities as a tenant?

Paying rent on time is your primary responsibility. We have provided you a list in your lease of your tenant responsibilities.

What do I do about a plumbing problem?
The first step should be to turn your water off, if possible. Following that, Fill out a repair request available on your online tenant portal under "request maintenance”. If a plumbing emergency happens after hours, please call our office by leaving a voicemail on the office phone. Someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

What do I do if the smoke detector in my unit starts beeping?
In most cases the 9-volt or lithium battery in your smoke detector needs to be changed. These can be purchased at your local market or hardware store. If you can not reach the smoke detector due to vaulted ceilings, please complete a maintenance request form. IT IS ILLEGAL TO DISCONNECT YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR.

What if I am locked out of my apartment?
Unfortunately, lockouts are not considered an emergency. We do everything we can to help avoid you locking yourself out. Therefore, the only reason will be if you have lost your key. If you are locked out after hours, you will need to contact a locksmith at your own expense. If you are locked out during office hours our Property Manager will meet you and let you in, there will be a $35 charge. In most cases we will be able to provide you with a new key for a fee.

What if we notice something wrong with the property after moving in?
We provided an inspection report to you, on this form please note any discrepancies within seven days of move in. Please submit a repair request available on your online tenant portal under "request maintenance". Please provide detailed information and photos.

Who handles the Lawn care?
The party responsible for lawn care is always designated in each lease we sign.  In most cases the tenant is responsible to maintain the premises and provide lawn care unless specified in the lease.  In other cases, particularly condos, townhomes, and complexes lawn care and maintenance is provided through the HOA.  

Who pays for repairs in my unit?
You will be billed for repairs if the repair was a direct result of actions that were the tenant’s responsibility. Remember tenants are also responsible for damages done by their guests.


Contact Us

Palm Property Management
P.O. Box 30494
Savannah, Georgia 31410


Copyright © Palm Property Management. All Rights Reserved.
Property Management Website powered by FreeRentalSite.com